EggNation BBQ Wings
Recipe Type: Appetizer
There are many BBQ Wings recipes out there but this is one that you can easily cook with a beer in one hand. This is an easy delicious way to feed a crowd while still enjoying the game.
- Approx. 3 lbs. or 24 Chicken Wings Fresh or Frozen (See notes)
- BBQ Rub of your choice (we like Dizzy Pig Rubs, especially Jamaican Firewalk)
- Butter Flavor Nonstick Cooking Spray
- “Small” Rectangular Aluminum Foil Pan (approx. 10” x 14”)
- Set up barbecue for indirect heat at 325°F. Let stabilize.
- Add chicken wings to foil pan.
- Spray wings liberally with cooking spray, tossing to coat. Then sprinkle wings liberally with rub, alternately spraying with Butter Spray and rub and tossing until liberally coated.
- Place pan in barbecue and close lid.
- Toss wings every 10–15 minutes with a spoon or tongs, adding spraying the wings and sprinkling with rub as needed. Toss them with tongs, making sure all of the wings are coated.
- After about an hour, or until wings are cooked, remove the pan from the barbecue, then put wings directly on the grill to crisp them up a little. At this stage you can glaze these with the BBQ sauce of your choice but they are great just with a good rub.
- Cooking times: Frozen wings take about 1 hour without thawing .Fresh wings will take about 45 minutes.