|Praline Bacon Candy||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Many praline bacon recipes call for nuts but we find that the crunch of well cooked bacon is all you need for texture.
- 1 lb. Sliced Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (or to taste)
- Grill Topper or Cast Iron Griddle (our preference)
- Set up Grill for indirect cooking and stabilize at 350°F.
- Mix Sugars and Chili Powder. Set aside. (Or add to a shaker for even distribution.)
- Add bacon to griddle in 1 layer and cook until fat starts to render. Pour off fat and return bacon to grill.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly to the top of the bacon and continue to cook (be careful here, the sugar can burn easily).
- Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes before serving.
©2012 The BBQ Pro