|Pretzel-Bacon Crusted Brownies with Caramel Wine Sauce|
- 1 1/2 Cups Crushed Pretzels (I used a Cuisinart)
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Cooked, Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Package Brownie Mix
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Jack Daniels (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 9 x 13″ pan (foil if cooking on the grill)
- Caramel Red Wine Sauce*
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F or stabilize the grill for indirect cooking at 350°F.
- Mix the crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a small bowl. Press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F until crust is just set.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon over the top evenly.
- Make Brownies according to directions with eggs, oil and water and adding the cocoa and optional Jack Daniels. Mix until just combined.
- Spread brownie batter evenly over the top of the crust.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies are baked (a knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Let cool and serve with Caramel Red Wine Sauce (see below) and whipped cream.
Caramel Red Wine Sauce:
Mix 1 1/2 Cups Sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup and 1/3 Cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until golden brown (but not burnt!) Cover the pot with saran wrap during the simmer (or a tight lid) and the sugar crystals will melt from the sides of the pan. Remove the wrap with tongs to avoid burning yourself. Add 2 Cups of Cabernet Sauvignon and cook down until reduced by about half. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
©2012 The BBQ Pro.